Simple Guide to Google Adwords & Types of Google Ads
Apart from offline advertising, Now-a days, Search engine advertising (also known as search advertising, Internet search advertising, or online search advertising) allows you to directly display your paid ads among the search result pages of various search engines, like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. These ads are always paid ads and incur cost on every click into these ads. These ads are mainly visible on the immediately above or below the organic result of the search engine.
What is Pay per Click?
Pay-per-click (PPC), also called cost per click (CPC), is a Search engine advertising model used to drive traffic to websites from various online sources, in which an advertiser pays an amount to publisher (On which ads is visible) when the ad is clicked and user move to required advertiser’s page. Generally, the cost per click is determined by either fixed cost of the click (commonly used by website) or bidding system + quality score (higher the bid, higher be the possibility of the ads at top position e.g. Google ads).
Ads Rank= Bid Budget* Quality Score
What is Google Adwords or Google ads?
Google Ads or Google Adwords is one of the most popular PPC advertising systems in the world in which Google acts as the publisher of the ads. Google ads appear either at the top or bottom of the Search engine result page when searching and generally visible along with AD icon before the Google ads. You can set geo-targets, allocate a maximum bid to your ads and a maximum daily budget when setting up your ads. After consumption of specified budget, your ads will not further visible on the search engine. CTR (Click Through Rate) determine the number of clicks is made on your ad and number of time your ad is services to the viewers.
CTR= (Number of click/Number of impression)*100
What are the Types of Google Ads?
The following are the type the types of ads you can run using the Google Adwords:
- Search Network Campaign: When you advertise on the Google Search Network, your ad can show near search results when someone searches for the specified keywords of your ads. When a user searches something on Google, their list of ads that appear above or below the organic search. These ads are called Search Network Ads. Google considers various factors to put a given a better position as compared to another one. These factors include: Targeting location, Search term and keyword, Ad copy relevance, Conversion rate, Bids, Quality score, etc.
- Display Network Campaign: In this type of Google campaign, your ads can appear on the Google Display Network which is a collection of websites—including specific Google websites like Google Finance, Gmail, Blogger, and YouTube—that show ads. These ads help us to reach the visitors when they are visiting their favorite website.
- Shopping Campaign: This type of campaign is most suitable for the retailer to sale their products. These ads help in making quality leads as this type of ads give users a strong sense of the product you’re selling before they click on the ad. In order to make these ads become live you have to make a Google merchant account and link this merchant account with the Google Adwords account.
- Video Campaign: This type of Google campaign lets the advertiser to run their video ads on YouTube or other Google display networks. Generally, you see these types of ads on YouTube videos. These video campaigns are simple to set up and manage.
- App Campaign: Google app campaigns help the advertiser to promote his apps across Google’s largest properties including Search, Google Play, YouTube, Discover, and the Google Display Network.