Python vs PHP: Which is Best for Web Apps Development?
Today’s time there are dozens of computer languages are available. But we will break down the difference between two great languages: PHP vs Python. Which one is the best in app development? Which one will give you the best return on your development time?
In the highly renowned technology world, PHP and Python are the two most preferred server-side languages that most businesses prefer.
Most websites & apps are programmed on PHP, Python has been on a rapid upward track for the past two years.
If you want to know if Python development is a good fit for your project or should you stick to PHP, you have come to the right place.
Before developing the project choose the right programming language is most important. When comparing these two languages is become a bit difficult. But which programming language is best for your web app development?
In this blog, we will discuss two programming languages – Python & PHP and then will process their comparison.
Python is an open-source and interpreted high-level functional programming language aimed at object-oriented programming concepts.
Python was released in 1991 and developed by Guido Van Rossum. Today Python is one of the most widely used programming languages providing easy to use syntax.
Stack Overflow Survey, Python is one of the most wanted and preferred languages.
Many companies in the world use Python with their app and website. It acts as a scripting language for web browsers, and thus, anyone can use it for web app development.
Python is the favourite language of many programmers. Also, as a data scientist, it provides many features like working on different platforms, running on an interpreter system, easy to code as its syntax is like the English language.
Although Python has a lot of uses, most of them involve developing web apps, connecting to database systems as it can read and modify files, handle large data, and do complex math.
- Its syntax is quickly understood, making its source code relatively easy to debug and maintain.
- Python can run on various platforms as it is a portable language.
- Python provides many prebuilt libraries, which makes development tasks easy.
- Python provides support for automatic garbage collection. It is developed to deal with a memory address, garbage collection internally.
- Python provides an interactive shell that helps developers test things before the actual implementation.
- Python is database friendly and provides a database interface to all major commercial DBMS systems.
- Python supports GUI applications and is intended as a framework for the web. Example: tkmter, WXPython, Django.
- It provides an ideal structure and support for large programs.
- It’s easy to include low-level modules in the Python interpreter.
- It can integrate with C, C++ and Java programming code.
- Python provides support for high-level dynamic type data and dynamic type checking.
- It aids in an interactive mode of testing and debugging.
- Python is easy to learn and maintain.
- Python can be executed on different platforms using the same interface.
- Python provides support for large code and a perfect structure.
- Automatic garbage collection is a feature.
- Python provides interactive testing and debugging sessions.
PHP is developed by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1995. Php is a hypertext pre-processor that is a suitable choice of programming language for all website developers. PHP is the open-source server scripting language used to create attractive, user-driven website pages.
PHP is the de facto choice of language with some excellent features, plugins, libraries, and large community support and add-ons to maximize functionality. Most web browsers support PHP and it is great for the backend development of web apps.
PHP permeates almost every website on the web. It is a manageable, practical, and fast language that can carry dynamic content on HTML websites, session tracking and databases.
- PHP can run on various platforms like Linux, Mac OS, Windows, Unix etc.
- PHP provides compatibility with almost all servers.
- PHP runs efficiently and is easy to learn and use.
- PHP supports a range of databases.
- It supports various databases such as MySQL and Oracle, and hence, provides database integration.
- PHP allows the latest user to log in by creating a summary of access.
- Compared to other scripting languages like JSP and ASP, PHP is more efficient.
- It has some predefined error reporting constants that create a warning or error notice.
- It is easier to use and code than other scripting languages.
- It is open-source and hence can be downloaded and used for free.
- PHP has some predefined error reporting constants to generate error information or warnings.
- PHP allows access logging by creating a summary of the user’s recent access.
Note: For Related To Android App Development Services in Noida Contact us.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Python
Here are some advantages and disadvantages of using the Python programming language:
Advantages of Python
- A general-purpose, object-oriented, and versatile language to be employed in various fields
- Cross-platform code reusable features
- Easy to use, read, learn, and maintain
- Automatic Garbage Collection Features
- It develops GUI apps
- Can integrate easily with programming code of other languages like C, C++, Java.
- An open-source, uniformly exposed language
- Makes highly graphic and user-friendly
Disadvantages of Python
- Not very useful in mobile computing, browser, and mobile app development
- It uses a huge amount of memory to provide ease to a developer
- Works slower than other website development languages
- Delay in testing web apps
- Dynamic typing makes error detection difficult
- Huge for a simple and small app or website
- Duck-typing makes run-time errors
- A little easier for different specific tasks
Advantages and Disadvantages of PHP
Check out the advantages and disadvantages of using PHP for web app development:
Benefits of PHP
- PHP is that it is open-source and free. It can be downloaded and used from anywhere and is easily available to use for web application status.
- This platform is free. PHP based applications can run on any OS like UNIX, Linux and Windows etc.
- Applications can be easily loaded which are based on PHP and connected to the database. PHP has a faster loading rate than any other language on slow internet speeds.
- It can be learned easily as it is simple and straightforward to use. Someone who knows C, C++ programming can work on PHP easily.
- It helps to reuse the same code and there is no need to write long code and sophisticated structure for the event of web applications.
- It helps to manage the code easily.
- It has powerful library support for using various function modules for data representation.
- PHP’s built-in database connection module helps to connect databases.
- The popularity of PHP has given rise to a diverse community of developers, a fraction of whom may be potential candidates for hire.
- Flexibility makes PHP to be effectively combined with many other programming languages so that the software package uses the most efficient technology for each feature.
Disadvantages of PHP
- It is not as secure because of its open-source, as ASCII text files are often readily available.
- It has a vulnerable type, which can lead to incorrect data and knowledge to the user.
- The PHP framework needs to learn to use the PHP built-in functions to avoid writing additional code.
- PHP framework and tools lead to poor performance of online applications.
- PHP does not allow changes or modifications to the core behaviour of an online application.
- PHP frameworks are not identical in practice, so are their performance and features.
- While PHP can be a powerful tool backed by the outside community and plentiful reference documentation, there are easier programming languages for web apps.
- It is widely believed by developers that PHP has a poor quality of handling errors. PHP lacks the debugging tools that are needed to look for errors and warnings.
- It is extremely difficult to manage, as it is not modular capable. It already emulates the features of the Java language.
In this blog, we have discussed two languages PHP vs Python. According to us, both PHP and Python are very good at web apps development. Now, this does not mean that you should choose Python and PHP is also a very excellent programming language. PHP and Python are both excellent programming languages for developing android apps. You have the right to choose what language suits your business. If you have any queries related to this, please contact us through the mail.